The Spring Musical Is On Its Way!

More details
DVD cover of the 1992 cast-album recording documentary, Guys and Dolls: Off the Record, starring Peter Gallagher, Josie de Guzman, Nathan Lane, and Faith Prince

More details DVD cover of the 1992 cast-album recording documentary, Guys and Dolls: Off the Record, starring Peter Gallagher, Josie de Guzman, Nathan Lane, and Faith Prince

Julie Park, Staff Writer

The year 2017 is coming to an end soon, but the preparations for the Cresskill High School Spring Musical have just begun. This year, the Principal Players will be performing the romantic comedy musical Guys and Dolls. The musical Guys and Dolls follows the journey of two male gamblers and their girlfriends as the navigate the underground world of gambling in 1930’s New York City.

Mrs. Ofshinsky, one of the advisors of the musical, says the show will be different from previous years because it “is set in a time period that [Cresskill has] not done recently.” Guys and Dolls will feature a unique plot in comparison to past shows. Additionally, the musical has numerous male characters, so Cresskill will be seeing more male students from both the middle and high school students this year.

Like their advisors, the cast is very excited to rehearse and perform. Junior Liz Shim, a returning performer, is “looking forward to working with people who share admiration for musicals and performing.” As a person who loves and is involved in music and the performing arts, she “look[s] forward to learning new music, choreography, and strategies for acting,” as well as “combining all these practices and talents to create a fantastic show.”

The rehearsals for the spring musical will take place everyday after school, starting in December all the way through February. The show will be performed three times during the first week of March. The Cresskill Principal Players hope people will come out to support the musical and recognize the novelty of this year’s choice.