Photo Courtesy of flakeparadigm

The first day of school did not look the same for everyone. Some students woke up to temperature and health form checks, while others woke up and kept their pajamas on all day. Covid-19 has impacted the 2020 and 2021 school year greatly, but this does not mean students won’t be receiving an adequate education.

Hybrid Learning

Hybrid learning benefits the students more since they are communicating with their teachers in person, having structured in person learning, and seeing their friends. Students who are participating in hybrid learning come into school 2-3 days a week with the Cohort A/B rotations. Hybrid learning allows for students to be involved in classroom instruction and at home instruction too. Being in school allows for students and teachers to develop relationships in the classroom for the year. Allowing for students to feel comfortable with their teachers to ask questions or ask for assistance is important in the academic environment if they are struggling. Having a teacher in front of you makes it more efficient to communicate. Being taught by your teacher physically in front of you rather than seeing them through a screen is the proper way to learn.

Along with physically being in the classroom in a proper learning environment, hybrid also allows for you to focus, pay attention, and be forced to keep up with work or lessons. Being at home in bed may be fun, but many tend to not do their work or truly learn as they usually would. Focusing on a lesson or lecture from a professor will reflect in your grades, classwork, and homework to demonstrate that you are understanding the material. 

When schools closed in March most people were not allowed to see their friends for an extended period of time. Going to school may be the only way for one to see the people in their cohort. It is superior to see friends in person than sitting in front of a computer. Being social in school and seeing friends responsibly allows one to communicate with people normally instead of texting. Students benefit from hybrid learning more than they do with being fully home. 

Full Remote Learning

For a full remote student a school day consists of everything but going to the actual school. The education received is comparable to those of Hybrids students as teachers are not neglecting the needs of those at home. It has a more relaxing learning environment as focus can be solely diverted to the teacher rather than the distractions that come along with being in a classroom and with other students. As a full remote student, one also does not have to be concerned about the exposure to Covid-19. The anxiety and worry that comes along with this pandemic can make being in a classroom feel like a certain infection, and one cannot focus with that constant fear. Rather than focusing on attempting to stay safe, like a hybrid student might be, a full remote student can learn without these worries, allowing them to get the most out of their education. 

A structured schedule can be kept in this learning plan. The constant switching around of going in and staying home can make it hard for a student to stay organized in their daily affairs. A full remote student keeps a consistent day which can lead to more productivity and a better physical and mental state of wellbeing for them. And when students are feeling overwhelmed with school or other aspects of life they can have the ability to have a relaxing day in a comfortable space, without having to physically see other people. This allows them to step back from the stress of the social aspects of highschool and gives them a break whenever they need it, improving their mental health. Full Remote provides students with the opportunity to have a relaxing learning environment in many different ways, eliminating the stress that has developed with going in-person.

The Communiqué • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal