Yubin’s Glory-ous Revolution: Your Student Organization E-Council

Yubin Lee (’23) and Glory Moon (’24) photographed by Shir Zipori

On Friday, September 30th, the high school student elections took place. Every grade, from ninth to twelfth, voted for their class representatives, and the four members of the executive council: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. There were 25 students on the ballot, and after a tough competition, the results were revealed later on that evening.

On Monday, October 10th, two weeks following the election, the first Board of Education meeting of the school year was held. As the president and vice president, Yubin Lee and Glory Moon were required to attend the meeting and represent Cresskill High School’s student body. I have prepared questions for Yubin and Glory.

Yubin Lee, President

Q. How did you feel when you found out you got the position of president?

Yubin: It was exciting thinking about the larger role I can now play by representing my friends and peers. I felt honored that people trusted me with this position, so I am motivated to tackle the responsibilities.

Q. Is there anything specific you wish to achieve this school year?

Yubin: One thing I want to achieve this school year is a successful community service project, where all students can participate. I think it’s important for us as a student body to work together and make a difference.

Q. What did you think of the first Board of Education Meeting?

Yubin: It was really interesting getting to see what goes on behind the scenes. There is a lot of work put into every aspect of our school, even the little things that we often overlook. I was tempted to ask about the cookies, but perhaps that’s a question for another audience.

Q. What are you planning on doing for the students? Any special events or changes for the school?

Yubin: I want to focus on making this school year fun and filled with activities we couldn’t do in the past virtual years. The goal is to revive some cougar spirit and make some kickbutt memories during our first year back!

Glory Moon, Vice President

Q. How did you feel when you found out you got the position of the vice president?

Glory: I felt ecstatic. It was truly an honor to be trusted by my fellow classmates. Although it was during our football game, I felt very accomplished and happy about this new achievement.

Glory: I wish to achieve a lot of things with our new team. I would like to add more events that we missed throughout the past 2 years we did not have.

Glory: I thought the first Board of Education meeting was great. It was very nice and interesting to see what really goes on in the background of Cresskill High School and I am sure Yubin and I really appreciated the staff letting us be there to represent the student body. It is definitely a new event that we are not used to but Yubin and I are up for the challenge.

Glory: Well that’s a secret. But one thing I would like to say is our executive council last year had great ideas that I would like to execute this year. Furthermore, I believe that there were many “hit” events that I would like to bring back from last year.

What can we expect from this year’s student council? We can expect notable changes and events for the students to enjoy. With the newly elected council, we can hope that this year will bring an opportunity to build a brighter future for the school. Finally, the flood disaster has come to an end, and a beautiful beginning up ahead.

Responses were edited for clarity.