The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

The Bachelor Season 28 Predictions

This season of The Bachelor has received an overwhelming amount of support for being the season that brought the franchise back to life. After watching the first three episodes, I have my predictions based on first impressions of who will be the five candidates that will get closest to Joey’s, the bachelor, heart.

1. Lea Cayanan

If you ask me, Lea will make it to the top five not because of the connection she will develop with Joey, but because of her stellar character and history with Joey. So far, Joey and Lea’s conversations have been quite boring to be honest. However, prior to entering The Bachelor, Lea and Joey met at the After the Final Rose. There, Joey met Lea knowing she would be a contestant on his show. This meeting did not only give Lea an advantage because Joey knew she was coming in, but she also received a special card that she opened on the first episode. When Lea opened the card and found out she was awarded with being able to steal a one on one date with Joey from another girl, she instantly broke down. After much consideration, Lea has decided to burn the card, proving that she wants her relationship with Joey to be naturally based rather than forced and showing her sympathetic character by not wanting to steal from a fellow contestant. This decision made Lea seem genuine and Joey gave her the first impression rose. I mean, how could he not receive it after she burned the card?

1. Lexi Young

In my opinion, Lexi will be coming in fourth place. Lexi became an unforgettable contestant by being the first girl coming out of the limo and meeting Joey. She has a mysterious yet comforting aura that leaves the audience and Joey wanting to know more about her. Her conversations with Joey started as dull yet charming, but after their first conversation, she showed her silly side by pretending to be a professional artist and then giving him a stick drawing. She certainly got a good giggle out of Joey for that. 

1. Jess Edwards 

Jess will definitely make it the top three, but will it be for the right reasons? I don’t think so. If you ask me, Jess is phony. From the beginning, she came off as very obnoxious, saying she wants Joey’s sisters to be hers and immediately confessing her love to Joey. Although as the audience I thought this makes Jess fake and made it question if she came on the show just to win or for Joey, he didn’t seem to think so and kissed her. After being the first kiss of the season, Jess immediately blabbed to the other girls, further making me question her intentions.Then, she stole time from a different girl, claiming she does not want to be “that girl”, but she clearly is. Regardless of my opinion, I think that Jess will manipulate her way to the top with her southern girl charm that seems to please Joey.    

1. Jenn Tran

After their one on one, I think Jenn will secure a spot in Joey’s heart, but not completely steal it. On their date, Jenn showed her fun side and made an effort by surfing with Joey. As they were surfing, Joey said that he could imagine this being his life and eventually their kids joining them. After having a fun time surfing, Jenn and Joey’s relationship proved to be intimate as well because of Jenn opening up to Joey about her family life and he comforted her perfectly. Overall, Jenn’s funness and sincereness compliments Joey and creates a lovely vibe between the two of them.

1. Daisy Rae  

As her last name (Rae) suggests, Daisy is a ray of sunshine. From the second Joey laid his eyes on Daisy, he was mesmerized by her glow and how soft spoken she is. Just by the way he looks at her, you can tell he has already fallen for her. Daisy was chosen for the first one on one date, and she and Joey had the most fabulous time together at a music festival. It might have been their first date, but they could have easily been mistaken for a married couple due to the jokes, smiles, and undeniable chemistry the two share. Daisy and Joey’s relationship has proved to be deep after Daisy shared about her health condition and history that caused her to lose hearing and wear a cochlear implant. Joey lovingly accepted her for who she is and brought it up in a different conversation later on, showing how interested he is in it and even touched it. After this moment, it was clear Joey is falling for Daisy and she will be his future wife. 

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.