In 3…2…1…

October 26, 2016

This school year will see season 6 of Cresskill Update, a news show about Cresskill created by the students in the Broadcast Journalism class. Each of the 24 juniors and 2 seniors in the class are responsible for producing, shooting, and editing at least three videos a quarter. These videos have to be a news piece, a feature story, and some other video to contribute to Channel 77.

Mr. Kress has told the class that this year may be the best year of Broadcast Journalism there has ever been. Mr. Kress explains that this year can be so successful because the students are “well experienced” after two whole years of video, and they have “shown a particular strength in paying attention to detail.”

Paying attention to detail and all of the moving parts in a video causes a video to be as good as it can be. Compared to the first episode of seasons from the past few years, Mr. Kress says that this year’s first episode was better by a lot more. The structure of the class has Mr. Kress in charge while five students act as the “producers” and are responsible for making sure everything runs smoothly. The rest of the class acts as creators to make pieces for the show.

In addition to the advanced student work that is done, the class is very lucky to use professional grade studio equipment. The high-tech cameras and set equipment such as teleprompters and proper lighting allow for the show to look like a real, professional news set.

Each student in the Broadcast Journalism class works very hard in order to make successful content for every episode of Cresskill Update. Tune in to see all the great work being done in Broadcast Journalism.

The Communiqué • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal