The Communiqué

The Communiqué

Students Walk, Jump, and ZUMBA for Breast Cancer Awareness

CHS students and Ms. Zoino at the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Sunday, October 28th.

Katherine Klein, Editor in Chief

A sea of pink covered Overpeck Park in Ridgefield, New Jersey Sunday, October 28. The annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk took place and this year, Cresskill High School sent a team to participate.

Ms. Zoino, a language teacher at the high school, coordinated the team with help in recruiting the help of the Fight Club – a club that raises money and awareness for research for cancer treatments. After her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017, she has dedicated much of her time now to helping raise money and awareness for prevention and treatments of breast cancer for all women.

“Watching the kids sign up for the walk on a Sunday on their own time and come there in support of me and my family was something that just leaves you speechless. … It makes me feel like choosing to teach at Cresskill was one of the best decisions that I’ve made” said Ms. Zoino.

When this walk was presented at the Fight Club meeting, students were very eager to support the cause and get involved in such a strong group of passionate people. Senior Sophia Cumella, who participated in the walk said, “I was so excited because I know people personally who have had breast cancer and I know that millions of people are affected by it … I was very eager to do my part to help fundraise.” At the time of the walk, Cresskill was able to raise a whopping $1,200 for the Making Strides organization.

All attendees wore pink outfits, including face paint, head boppers, and many other accessories. At the walk, there were ZUMBA classes led by survivors going on that the students jumped into and music playing from the stage that they danced along to, making the overall experience of the walk a very positive and uplifting one.

Cresskill’s participation and the high school students’ enthusiasm in this walk shows their commitment to helping others. Such events are a reflection and shining example of our community coming together and supporting this worthwhile cause.

• Students Walk, Jump, and ZUMBA for Breast Cancer Awareness

Showcase

Cresskill Boys Soccer Roars Into the State Tournament

Showcase

Teacher Spotlight: Ms. Taliento

Features

Scholar, Teacher, and Cresskill Cougar – Remembering Mr. Kline

Showcase

Spirit Day Highlights

Showcase

Missed Spirit Day? Here’s the Ultimate Recap

Showcase

Seniors Come Out on Top After Close Battle at Quiz Bowl; Following Events Hype Up Spirit Day Excitement

Showcase

Cake Decorating Competition

Showcase

Junior Defies Odds, Wins Madden Tournament

• Showcase

Decades Day Sweeps the Halls at CHS

• Opinion

Head to Head: Cresskill Carnival Edition