Cresskill Marching Band Participates in Annual Ceremony Commemorating September 11th

Julianna Scofield

On September 10th, 2016, the Cresskill High School Marching Band participated in a town 9/11 ceremony that recognized two members of the Cresskill community who passed away on that tragic day and in the years afterwards. The Marching Band played the Star Spangled Banner, as well as Taps for the fallen heroes.

Pullquote Photo

“To be able to participate in something so important to the town of Cresskill makes our job as members of the band so much more meaningful,”

— Marching Band Member

The ceremony, coordinated by Jerry Keegan, took place at John Coughlin Memorial Football Field and honored John Coughlin and John Cortazzo. John Coughlin was a NYPD first responder at 9/11, and died when the South Tower collapsed. He graduated from Cresskill High School, and has a memorial outside of the middle school. John Cortazzo was a member of the Port Authority Police Department, and was a member of the 9/11 search and rescue teams. He passed away due to cancer because of the contaminated air at Ground Zero. Like Coughlin, he also graduated from Cresskill High School. Their memories will never be forgotten, and their actions will never disappear from history.

• Cresskill Marching Band Participates in Annual Ceremony Commemorating September 11th

Showcase

Freshman Stephanie Kim leads the Girls’ Varsity Tennis Team in annual BCWCA tennis tournament

News

The Students’ Take: How Cresskill’s Own View the Passage of the Recent Referendum

Showcase

International Day

• Showcase

North Carolina Bests Gonzaga, Ends Redemption Tour With a National Title

News

New Year, New Staff

Cresskill Update

Cresskill Update: Season 6, Episode 2

News

Deciphering the Election: A Crash Course in Less Than 600 Words

• Showcase

In 3…2…1…

Arts

Fall Preview: Performing Arts

Showcase

Pathway to Development or Complaining Club?