The Communiqué

The Communiqué

Cresskill Marching Band Participates in Annual Ceremony Commemorating September 11th

Julianna Scofield

On September 10th, 2016, the Cresskill High School Marching Band participated in a town 9/11 ceremony that recognized two members of the Cresskill community who passed away on that tragic day and in the years afterwards. The Marching Band played the Star Spangled Banner, as well as Taps for the fallen heroes.

Pullquote Photo

“To be able to participate in something so important to the town of Cresskill makes our job as members of the band so much more meaningful,”

— Marching Band Member

The ceremony, coordinated by Jerry Keegan, took place at John Coughlin Memorial Football Field and honored John Coughlin and John Cortazzo. John Coughlin was a NYPD first responder at 9/11, and died when the South Tower collapsed. He graduated from Cresskill High School, and has a memorial outside of the middle school. John Cortazzo was a member of the Port Authority Police Department, and was a member of the 9/11 search and rescue teams. He passed away due to cancer because of the contaminated air at Ground Zero. Like Coughlin, he also graduated from Cresskill High School. Their memories will never be forgotten, and their actions will never disappear from history.

• Cresskill Marching Band Participates in Annual Ceremony Commemorating September 11th

News

Why We Don’t Read the News — And Why We Should

Showcase

Students Lead Gun Reform Conversation at “Town Hall For Our Lives”

Showcase

Annual Dancing With the Stars Competition Brings an Astounding 21 Couples to the Floor

Showcase

Cresskill Participates in Nationwide School Walkout

News

Cresskill Students Respond to Parkland Shooting

Arts

Refreshing Representation: Black Panther’s Impact On Hollywood

Showcase

The Cresskillian and the Olympian

Showcase

Cougars Basketball Continues Their Perfect Season

Humor

How to Overcome Valentine’s Day Loneliness

• Showcase

SO 2017-2018 Budget