The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

Rating Christmas Decorations

• 10/10 
  • First up on the list is the classic Christmas tree. You can’t go wrong with this one, as you can decorate your tree towards any aesthetic. For example, you can make a more modern Christmas tree, consisting of gold and white ornaments, or you can make a more traditional Christmas tree, with red, silver, and homemade ornaments that bring back old preschool memories. You also have the option to put a star, angel, bow or any other Christmas tree topper to personalize your tree. In short, It is a classic must have if you decorate for Christmas.

• 4/10
  • Next up, we have wreaths. Don’t get me wrong, wreaths are a classic but I am personally not the biggest fan of them. Sure, they’re an easy decoration but they just never stood out to me. Take a moment to think to yourself if you have ever looked at a wreath and thought, “Wow, this is just a spectacular wreath.” My guess, you can’t recall a single time.

• 8/10
  • Call this rating controversial but I stand by it. These lights NEVER miss. For one, they’re incredibly easy to install and they just bring so much life to the whole block you live on. Who wouldn’t want their entire house to sparkle red and green for the whole month of December??

• 10/10
  • I am a COMPLETE sucker for trees wrapped in lights like the photo I have inserted above. Here in New Jersey, the trees are completely leafless by December and in my opinion, it is not a pretty sight. Seeing the branches covered in hundreds of tiny lights makes them look magical once again!

• 8.5/10
  • Christmas banners outside the front door are just too cute. They are incredibly festive and so easy to put up. They add so much color to a plain door. I have to admit, I have so much respect for those whose banners stay up all throughout the December wind and snow.

• 11/10
  • Candy. Cane. Driveway. Paths. Let’s say that again. Candy. Cane. Driveway. Paths. I don’t know about anyone else but when I see these I get completely mesmerized. They just look so welcoming and I can only imagine how it must feel to drive up your driveway during Christmas time. Something about candy cane driveway paths just gets me every year.

• 10,000/10
  • For the grand finale, I have chosen to include the people who go all out when decorating their houses. I aspire to do this one day, as it gets everyone who passes by in the holiday spirit, and that is just so important. The time, money, and effort it takes to decorate houses like this is unthinkable, unless you are one of the few who participate.
Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.