The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

Top 5 Bake Sale Ideas

Guide to a successful fundraiser

In Cresskill High School, many students do bake sales after school to raise money for their clubs. While doing the bake sales, there are some of the bake sale items that always students love to buy after hard school work. 

Brownies 

Dense and fudgy texture with rich, chocolatey flavor… who wouldn’t like it? Brownies are always one of the best-sellers among the bake-sale treats. The outer layer may be slightly crispy, while the inside is moist and chewy. Adding ingredients like nuts or chocolate chunks can also provide a delightful crunch! For club bake sales, students usually bring homemade brownies or Kings brownies, which bring a lot of profits to their bake sale.

Donuts (Dunkin Donuts)

Donuts come in various sizes and flavors, ranging classic glazed to more elaborate options like cream or fruit-filled. Usually, school bake sale donuts are simple taste ones such as glazed donuts, strawberry or chocolate iced donuts. Students usually get them from Dunkin Donuts (Cresskill’s one and only franchise) rather than bake them at home. Since Dunkin has a guaranteed taste, students buy them without hesitation.

Cookie (Kings chocolate chip cookies, Costco bundle cookies, homemade cookies)

Cookies can have a wide range of flavors, from classic chocolate chip, to oatmeal raisin, or sugar cookies. As the saying goes “classic is the best.” Chocolate chip cookies are the best-selling cookies among all kinds of cookies. They are typically soft and chewy in the middle with slightly crispy edges. Students can easily bake them at home with simple recipes. However, King’s chocolate cookies and Costco cookies are also steady-sellers.

Special-themed cookies (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine’s Day, Halloween)

Special holidays or specific theme days are always a great time to have a bake sale! There are plenty of topics that you can choose: holidays that all people take part in like Christmas, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and Halloween to minor but still exciting days such as Valentine’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, and April Fool’s Day! Bakers can decorate bake sale items with one of those themes, and the students would love to buy them to energize themselves or celebrate those days. You can also get special-themed cookies from supermarkets if you are too lazy to bake one

Specific club bake sales

Sometimes, cultural clubs have their bake sales not only to make a profit but also to spread their cultural foods! For example, the French Club in CHS brings bake sale items such as Macaron, Pain au Chocolat, Croissant, Madeline, Canneles, Eclairs, Sable Cookies, Meringue, Fruit Tarts, and Profiteroles in addition to Brownies and Donuts. Emily Han, a French Club member, says that “because the cost of the items was high, the profit was not as high as a normal bake sale. Also, students did not buy them as much as they usually bought since they were not something that students usually see at school bake sales. However, as a cultural club, I think it was a good opportunity to introduce various French breads and desserts to school students”.

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.