The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

End of the 2023-2024 Academic Year

The 2023-2024 academic year is coming to an end and there are definitely a lot of different emotions being expressed. Some people are joyful, others are scared or curious, nervous, or even excited. When taking a closer look as to why certain people feel the way they do, it all begins to make more sense.

The current freshmen and sophomores are expected to be counting down the days, eager to begin their summer vacation. They might be a little nervous about finals but not to the point where they are studying for it constantly. Current sophomore Luke Kopcyznski is excited to start summer, hang out with friends, and begin his summer job. He says, “I can’t wait to enjoy the warm weather throughout the day once school ends.” Underclassmen are definitely more relaxed, in comparison to the juniors or seniors. 

The current juniors are stressed to say the least. This is THE year to be on top of grades and with finals right around the corner, they know how important it is to do well. Junior Eeri Gal expressed, “I can’t even go one day without stressing about the thought of taking my finals in a couple weeks.” The juniors feel unable to enjoy the warm weather because the thought of finals haunts their minds. Another junior, Rita Reznik, agreed, “I’m excited for the year to be done but that means my senior friends will never be in my school again.” While it is hard to see older friends go off and become adults, it is even harder to be the older friends.

As a current senior, I can vouch that we feel a mix of emotions. For one, Senior Elena Kacherova is excited to relax all summer and not have summer homework for the first time in years. On the other hand, Senior Jack Hayward is stressed about all the items he needs to buy for his dorm. Additionally, Senior Tommy Santumo claims, “It’s really upsetting to think about the fact that the people we’ve known since kindergarten are going to all go off in different directions.” Most of the seniors are opting out of finals so they do not have the stress of that, but those emotions are replaced with a sense of moving on, curiosity, and nerves for sure. While this is an overwhelming time for current seniors, it is also wholesome in a way and a reminder that we have made it thus far!

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.