The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

The Best Haunted Houses

Haunted houses have been around forever, some even having history behind them; here are the five best-haunted houses you can visit! There might be hundreds you can find online, but the history behind the ones here shows what makes the difference between mediocre and excellent.

Brighton Asylum has 4.5 stars and is reviewed to be the best of the best. Not a lot of places can top it. It is a huge escape room, and a haunted house that has nearly always succeeded its visitors. The scary asylum is known to have incredible decorations that bring life to the haunted house.  A reviewer said, “Last year, my girlfriend, her friends, and I had a fantastic time at Brighton Asylum! It has a unique atmosphere, crazy decorations, awesome scare houses & overall, it is an incredible experience. “ Customers also rave about how quickly the owners deal with issues. Long lines? It’s not a problem; they deal with it.  The escape rooms themselves were said to be very suspenseful, interactive, and challenging to the visitors and are only about 35 minutes away from Cresskill!

13th Hour Haunted House, rated 4.6, is known for its size and accessibility. The parking lots are easily accessible and massive, letting visitors get in and settled quite quickly. They are also known for how safe the area is. Cops are surrounding the parking lot, so you know you’re in safe hands. The house is also known for its outstanding activities and decorations. The actors and machines are also an excellent addition to the house. 13th Hour Haunted House is around a 50-minute drive from Cresskill.

Pure Terror Scream Park rating of 4.5. Reviews repeat about how actors always take their job seriously and do their best to scare you. The haunted house is said to be taken care of by a great management team that is always nice. Visitors repeat, saying how the groups that are let in are the perfect distance away where you could still hear screams but never have another group interfere with the experience. The only con to coming here is the 58-minute drive from Cresskill, and the wait can be up to half an hour. Overall, there was great acting, decorations, and lighting in the haunted park!

Haunting In Hollis, with a review of 4.3, is located 1 hour from Cresskill. Reviewers preach how perfect the decorations and actors are. All played their roles perfectly and did their best to make the experience great. The mechanical machines used in this haunted house were also great as they added more opportunities to be scared. Reviewers say it’s one of the best haunted houses I’ve visited. The only issue would again be the distance, and reviews were saying the house could change up the lighting in certain areas to make it safer and scarier.

Lastly, Kreischer mansion with 4.4 stars. This house has a whole lot of history behind it. Unlike other houses, it was said that back in the 1800s, there was a suicide committed by Edward B. Kreischer, and it is said to haunt the house still. Multiple reviews state this location has amazing architecture and decorations, and actors never disappoint! There is a haunted hayride and a haunted house. Double the attractions. The staff are amazing and happy to elaborate on this house’s history. The only negative to visiting the Kreischer Mansion is the 55-minute drive there.

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.