The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

The Truth About the Devils Tower

The devils tower was built in 1910 by a millionaire sugar importer. According to the forbes article, the tower was built and dedicated to Rionda’s wife. Rumor has it that the man had built the tower for his wife so she could look out at the New York City skyline. 

According to the local legend story, his wife was looking out of the tower when she saw her husband with another woman, distraught from the site, she jumped off the tower, killing herself. 

Since the rumored suicide there have been many reports of hauntings, including people who have said they felt a push from something unseen. Others have reported strange noises and because of this, the man had locked the tower up. There have still been reports hearing noises and smelling perfume. Her ghostly figure has also been seen as a shadowy figure in the window. 

Some have said that if you walk or drive backwards 3 times around the tower, the devil or wife appears, so me and my friend are going to test out this theory.  

My friend had run backwards around the tower 3 times, as of now it has been proven to be a myth.. 

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.