The student news site of Cresskill High School

The Communiqué

Breaking News

The Communiqué

The Communiqué

Review: The Eras Tour Movie

Did you attend the new Eras Tour movie? Well, chances are you are not the only one, as over 11.5 million seats were sold across the United States. Earlier this month, the new Eras Tour movie was released to the public. This new film was created based on Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour. Many Swifties were attracted to this idea since many of them were not able to get tickets to her actual concert. Because of this, people decided they were going to treat it like they were actually attending the Eras Tour concert. 

I, a freshman at CHS, was able to attend both the movie and concert and these are my thoughts. The movie was very enjoyable and fun. It was 2 hours and 48 minutes, while the concert is roughly three and a half hours. Everyone was singing to every song in the movie like they were at the concert. People even dressed up and brought friendship bracelets to trade, like the real concert. It really gave you the closest experience to the real life tour, however, in person felt more surreal. “It’s one thing to hear music live, and another to listen to it” says Richard Brody who is a journalist at The New Yorker. Plus, some of the songs and transitions were also cut from the movie. These songs include “The Archer”, ”Wildest Dreams”, ”Cardigan” and more.

It’s clear that Taylor Swift’s new “The Eras Tour” movie release was a significant event for Swifties and provided an opportunity for those who couldn’t attend the actual concert to put themselves in the experience. Also, it shows how many Swifties are so dedicated and inspired by Swift’s work and how much support she will always have throughout her career.

Donate to The Communiqué
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Cresskill High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.